Before managing a remote AP/switch, you must first bind the AP to
ezMaster's Device Inventory by ‘registering’ the
device. Skip this section if you are managing only local devices or if you
are manually redirecting each AP to ezMaster.
1. Once ezMaster has been registered with the ezRegistration server, you
can start registering your APs and adding them to ezMaster’s device
inventory by clicking on the ‘Device Inventory’ icon.
2. Next, click on the ‘Add Device’ button.
3. Enter the MAC Address, Check Code and Description of the device you
want to register using a semi-colon (;) to separate each field. eg. MAC
Address;Check Code;Description To register more than one device at the
same time, enter the information of one device per row by pressing Enter.
Click the "Register" button once you are done.
Note: The 'check code' of the AP can be found
on either the device label at the bottom of the AP. If not, access the
AP's user interface and find it under the "Management >
Controller Settings". Contact your local dealer if you are having
problems locating the check code.
4. The message below will be displayed upon successfully claiming an AP.
Click on "OK" to proceed.
5. The registered AP will be listed in your Device Inventory.